University of Swat,Students Advancement Fund Endowment (SAFE):
A wide access of the masses to quality education is the main engine that can bring broader social benefits to Pakistan. Establishing a Student Advancement Fund Endowment (SAFE) with the goal of funding an on-going commitment to make higher education accessible to needy students and enhance their learning experience at the University. The University has opened SAFE Fund Account No. 23-6 in National Bank of Pakistan Saidu Sharif Swat for donation from across the country.
The objectives of this project are:
1. To establish a SAFE that will produce enough investment gains to be spent exclusively in awarding scholarship to needy students.
2. To provide talented needy students with financial means to attend and excel at the University.
3. To increase incrementally each year SAFE’s principal amount and its annual spending in scholarships.
4. To design and implement programs that will increase the number of need based scholarships awarded to meritorious students.
5. To increase public awareness about the importance of financing and supporting equal access to quality higher education.
The Student Advancement Fund Endowment will ensure a continuous and stable source of funding scholarship program that would support student advancement.
Student Advancement Fund & Endowment (SAFE) at University of Swat:
I. University of Swat has initiated Students Advancement & Endowment (SAFE) after the approval of syndicate to raise funds for the talented/needy students to support them in their studies.
II. The Student Advancement Fund Endowment (SAFE) will be the endowment fund for providing financial aid to students and for capacity building projects/programs for the direct benefit of students.
III. A separate bank account in the name of Student Advancement Fund Endowment (SAFE) has been opened at NBP Saidu Sharif Swat A/C# 23-6
IV. SAFE account will be utilized only for the sole purpose of awarding scholarships to needy students, and for capacity building projects/programs for the direct benefit of students. The funds will be treated as endowment principal money and will not be used for any other purposes under any circumstances.
V. The Vice Chancellor, with the approval of the Syndicate will constitute a Board of five members that will supervise the endowment in accordance to the goal and objectives of the Fund.The Board will make sure that the funds are being managed properly and are used only for the sole purpose of awarding scholarships to needy and deserving students .
VI. The responsibilities of Board will include planning, organizing and managing the SAFE Fundraising Week each Fall (Semester), organizing fundraising programs and other activities to expand SAFE, as needed and as per directives of the Vice Chancellor.
VII. The University has also appointed a Director (as an additional responsibility to existing staff/faculty member) of SAFE program, who will be operating from the Vice Chancellor Office. The Director’s duties will include planning, organizing and managing the SAFE Fundraising Week in every fall semester. He will also be responsible for organizing fundraising programs and other activities to expand SAFE as required and as per directives of the Hon. Vice Chancellor.
VIII. The Board will develop a strategic plan to promote and expand the endowment fund. It will include fundraising tools such as the Student Advancement Fund Endowment (SAFE) Fundraising Week every Spring/Fall, where funds will be raised by each student attending the University.
IX. Fund raising strategy for this purpose has been outlined:
- All teaching faculty & officers may contribute their one day salary on yearly basis to SAFE.
- University will organize a fundraising week in this regard;
- Each regular student of university shall contribute Rs.50/- per semester to SAFE.
- Students of affiliated colleges will contribute Rs.50/- per year at the time of registration.
Furthermore, The Elites/Chiefs/Notables of the society e.i. Ex. Councilors, MPs, business icons may be contacted for the purpose. NGOs offices in the jurisdiction of the University will be contacted and convinced for the contribution in SAFE.