Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates
|Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates|
|| Country of origin |||all (except Austria)|
|| Target Country |||Austria|
|| Area of study or research |||Natural Sciences
Agriculture and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine
Social Sciences, Law and Economics
Humanities and Theology
|| Type of grant |||grants, research promotion|
|| Detailed type of grant |||research grants|
|| Funding |||national|
|| Target Group |||undergraduates
|| Authority awarding grant |||Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria|
|| Duration |||max. 4 months|
|| Quota |||max. 100 scholarships; the quota depends on the budget|
|| Grant benefit paid |||1) monthly scholarship instalment:
for doctoral students: € 1040.–
for students enrolled in a master or diploma programme: € 940
2) accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance.
b) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: € 220 to € 470 (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of € 18.— per month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship holder from the scholarship.
Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance of up to max. € 500.– in addition to the scholarship.
|| Closing date for applications |||
|| Where to submit your application |||online at www.scholarships.at
An award is only possible once per category. A renewal is not possible!
|| Application form |||online at www.scholarships.at|
|| Advice on how to apply ||
|Research scholarships in 2 categories for students
– who are descendants of forced labourers
– or who come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Applicants are not allowed to study/pursue research/pursue acdemic work in Austria at the time of the application.
category 1: research scholarships for diploma or master theses
All scholarships are based on competition. This means that even when all scholarship requirements are met there is no legal claim to a scholarship. Am award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible.
Applicants wishing to apply for admission at an Austrian university have to contact the university they would like to attend directly.
A confirmation of supervision by a supervisor of the chosen Austrian host institution is necessary.
Applications that are incomplete at the time of submission or that do not meet the scholarship requirements will not be taken into consideration! It is not possible to hand in any documents after the deadline.
If a scholarship is awarded due to incorrect data or if there is a case of double financing, the full scholarship will have to be paid back.
ATTENTION: No scholarships are awarded for summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships..
I Application documents
– Fully completed on-line application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan for the study or research stay in Austria which describes what is planned to be done in Austria and which preparatory work has already been completed.
– Two letters of recommendation from teaching staff of the home university which confirm the necessity of the stay in Austria and provide information about the scientific qualification of the applicant as well as about his/her qualification for the stay in Austria. The letters of recommendation have to be scanned as PDF files and attached to the online application.
– Good knowledge of German or English has to be proved, depending on the language in which the project is to be carried out in Austria. The respective certificate of the test in German or English has to be scanned as PDF file and attached to the online application.
– The applicant is required to forward his/her study or research project plan and the two letters of recommendation as well as the form “confirmation of supervision” to the person they would like to become their supervisor. The written confirmation of the supervisor of the Austrian host institution (fully completed and signed on-line form “confirmation of supervision”) has to be scanned as PDF file and attached to the on-line application.
– Without a letter of confirmation of a supervisor of an Austrian institution a scholarship will not be awarded.
– For descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs (to be scanned as PDF files and attached to the on-line application).
II Selection criteria
III Application deadline and procedure
The application deadline absolutely needs to be kept and the application has to be submitted ON-LINE by 23.59.59 Central European Time on March 1 / September 1. Applications which are submitted in a different way or after the deadline will not be taken into consideration!
Please bear in mind that you have to fulfill the following requirements:
|| Selection procedure ||
|The OeAD will award the scholarships on behalf of the Scholarship Council.|
|| Further information ||
|For information regarding study and research in Austria see also:
|| Last change |
15.10.2013 made by Heike Kernbauer (OeAD-GmbH/ICM)
|© ÖAD – www.grants.at
This database has been financed by funds of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science and Research (BMWF) and the EU. Despite the fact that all entries have been carefully checked we cannot accept any liability for the correctness, completeness and topicality of the entries.
National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad Postgraduates Study Scholarships
National University of Modern Languages
POST GRADUATE STUDIES – SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FACULTY DEVELOPMENT
NUML offers local scholarships in the disciplines of English, Computer / IT, Education, Economics, IR, Islamic Studies, Management Sciences, Mass Communications, Governance and Public Policy, Engineering (Software and Telecom), Peace & Conflict Studies for higher studies ( PhD) during financial year 2013 – 14. Award of scholarship is subject to following:-
a. Depending on the vacancies the candidates will undergo their Post Graduate studies preferably at NUML.
b. After completion of studies first preference of employment will remain NUML.
( 3 years)
a. MPhil degree with research (18 years of education) in relevant discipline from HEC recognized University with at least 3.0 out of 4.0 CGPA.
b. No 3rd division in entire career.
c. Not less than 50% marks in entire academic career and not less than 2.0 and 2.8 CGPA out of 4 and 5 respectively in entire academic career
d. Valid GRE International / NTS devised / University devised GAT-Subject tests with score as per HEC policy at the time of admission
e. Qualifying NUML’s entrance-subject Test with at least 50% marks.
f. Research Proposal to be enclosed with admission form.
g. Applicants must be Pakistani and AJ&K nationals
NOTE: All applications will be scrutinized as per HECs checklists, basic eligibility criteria and specific criteria as per NUML requirements. All HEC conditions not mentioned above for indigenous scholarship will apply.
Last date for receipt of application forms and supporting documents along with GRE International / GAT score is mandatory by post is 10th Dec 2013 and by hand is 12th Dec 2013.
1. Candidates already availing HEC, University /DAI, Departments or any other scholarships are not eligible. Maximum age is 35 years and relax able to 40 year for regular employees of Public Sector Universities / DAIs and R&D institutions at the time of closing date.
2. Awardees will have to serve in the institution for at-least 5 years after completion of the studies.
3. A bond will have to be provided by the recipients of scholarship for following the terms and conditions of the award.
4. Employees of government, semi-government and autonomous bodies should send the applications through proper channel accompanied by NOC.
5. Final selection will be according to number of scholarships available, GAT test score, academic record, test and interview by university scholarship management committee and further appointment as lecturer in NUML.
6. It is the responsibility of applicants to secure admissions in the universities (as mentioned above) and provide evidence for further approval.
7. Prospectus & Admission form is available for Rs. 800/- by hand from main campus and can also be down loaded from NUML web site www.numl.edu.pk. The same may be submitted to Main Campus, Academics Branch with bank draft of Rs. 1,000/- in the name of Rector NUML.
8. The University will not be obliged to offer scholarship in a program due to any constraint.
9. Entrance Test for PhDs will be held on 18th December 2013 at 1500 hrs.
NOTE: Advertisement published on 24th November 2013 in daily Jang may be
considered to be revised with this advertisement. DIRECTOR ACADEMICS: Tel: 9257677, PABX 9257646-50, Ext # 319, 228, 259, 243 & 308