Physics , Biology , Everyday Science Mcqs Test
peptide bond b\w amino acids, joined to form proteins, is the linkage b/w N and C
• An android is any robot that: has the ability to make decisions and formulate plans
• Semaphores were used between sailors for many years to communicate between ships
• One of the first long distance communication system invented in 1790 was the semaphores towers
• Telegraph was invented in 1821
• Telephone was invented in1876
• Us inventor Samuel More developed the system of dots and dashes of telegraph that was known as Morse Code
• Scientist now think that protons and Neutrons are themselves made of still smaller particles called quarks.
• Portable gadgets = Mobile phones and portable TVs.
• Derailleur gears are used in Bicycles.
• Motor – cross race is for motor cycles.
• Cantilever brake used in Bicycle.
• Speed of light 300,000 kilometers per second.
• Engineers use electronic theodolite and range-finder to measure the distance and angle to calibrated staff.
• Centigrade and Celsius temperatures are same below freezing point.
• which instrument is used to measure pressure? Manometer
• the velocity of light was first measured by Olaf Roemer
• centigrade and fahrenheit scales gives same readings at 32 degrees
• The first European scientist who refuted the belief that the earth was the centre of the universe was Copernicus.
• Mobile phones transmit message using radio-type waves called microwaves
• Super conductors are also strong diamagnetic this means they strongly repel magnets.
• Super conductors are used in very fast computers and also in trains like Maglevs.
• Electronic theodolite and range finder measures and distance and angle.
• A fluorescent light is a glass tube containing gas which produces UV light when current passed trough it. Tube is coated with phosphor which glows when UV hits it.
• Some of the chemicals from the recycle of old cells are used by liver to make bile which is stored in gall bladder.
• Which is lighter, gold or plastic? Plastic
• Lasers are a special source of light called coherent light this means all the light waves are in step with each other and travel in same direction
• Laser produce light of one particular wavelength and it is s single, pure color.
• The first hologram was make in 1962
• Laser = Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
• Quartz-halogen bulbs are used in overhead projectors and spotlights
• Helium is uses to fill airships and balloons
• Helium is used to pressurize hydrogen fuel in rockets and the air in diver’s air tanks
• Apart from radon, which is radioactive, the noble gases are used in lighting.
• The noble gases have very low boiling points.
• Liquid helium is the coldest substance.
• A gas only becomes liquid at -268.9 deg: C
• Combustion is a kind of oxidation reaction.
• At room temperature the particles in air travel at around 1800 km/h the same speed as a bullet fires from a rifle.
• Generators convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.
• The principle behind the generator is electromagnetic induction. It was discovered by Michael Faraday.
• Lovell telescope is at Jodrell Bank the site for space observatory
• Nicolous Copernicus (1473-1543) was born in Poland and was the first to explain the solar system.
• Derailleur gear are used in bicycles
• Cantilever brake is also used in bicycles
• Static electricity makes a balloon stick to the wall after you have rubbed it on your hair.
• John Bardeen, Walter Brattain and William Shockley in 1947 used a semiconductor called germanium to make the world’s first transistor.
• A diode conducts electricity easily in one direction but resists the flow of electricity in the other.
CLICK ANY LINK BELOW TO VIEW MATERIAL
ALL THE INFO IS PRESENT DOWN, OR WILL BE F=GIVEN HERE IN A FEW DAY
PPSC LECTURER ALL SUBJECTS SYLLABUS
PPSC LECTURER HOW TO APPLY IN URDU
PPSC LECTURER SOLVED IMPORTANT MCQS
PPSC LECTURER PAST/SAMPLE PAPERS
PPSC LECTURER AGE LIMIT RELAXATION DETAILS
MORE DETAILS COMING SOON… PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS LINK YO WILL FIND ALL HELP HERE
ADEEL ABBAS, BHAKKAR CITY