Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme
For excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy.
All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting February 2015 or September 2015 (programmes listed below have a September start date only, with the exception of Adv. Studies in Air & Space Law):
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air & Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Civil & Commercial Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Law & Digital Technologies
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Human Rights Law
- MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad.
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”; more information). This does not apply to applicants who apply for a LexS for programmes mentioned under point 2 “For whom”.
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree.
- Students who are granted a LExS must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus
Application procedure for February 2015 / September 2015 intake
||Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University.
Deadline 1 October 2014 for programmes starting in February 2015.
Deadline 1 February 2015 for all programmes starting in September 2015 except Law programmes.
Deadline 1 March 2015 for all Law programmes starting in September 2015.
||Upload all required documents.
||Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page.
||Upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page.
||Submit your online application.
||Pay the application fee.
All LExS applicants will be informed by the scholarship department of Student Educational Affairs.
|Mid November 2014 for the February 2015 intake.
End of April 2015 for the September 2015 intake for all programmes except Law programmes.
Mid May 2015 for the September 2015 intake for all Law programmes.