KEK PhD International Scholarships, Japan
KEK provide a scholarship of 90,000 yen per month to privately financed international students enrolled in 3-year doctoral course (the Department of Accelerator Science, the Department of Materials Structure Science and the Department of Particle and Nuclear Physics) at the School of High Energy Accelerator Science of the Graduate University for Advanced Studies in order to support their studies.
Privately financed international students* who enters the 3-year doctoral course (the Department of Accelerator Science, the Department of Materials Structure Science and the Department of Particle and Nuclear Physics) at the School of High Energy Accelerator Science of the Graduate University for Advanced Studies
* The term “privately financed international student” refers to a person who holds or is in the process of acquiring the status of residence of “college student” as defined in Annexed Table I-4 of the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Cabinet Order No. 319, October 4, 1951)
2 persons or fewer
90,000 yen per month
In principle, 3 years starting from the month of enrolling in the courses
(2) Certificate of graduation (*)
Diploma or Certificate of Graduation (prospective graduation) or Degree issued by attended university (undergraduate and graduate school)
(Applicants from universities that do not issue certificates of graduation must submit the original of an attested copy of their graduation diploma with an original official seal or an authorization stamp of the university that issued the diploma.)
(3) Official transcript of the applicant’s academic record(*)
Certificate(s) of Academic Record of university attended (undergraduate and graduate school) (issued by the university from which you graduated) (*)
(4) Recommendation letter from the person who knows the applicant’s research / academic activities well (ex. the applicant’s academic supervisor of the attending or previously attended university, etc.)
(5) Recommendation letter from a prospective supervisor (*)
(6) Your past research work and activities(*)
(7) Summary of your graduation thesis(*)
(8) Field of Study and Study program(*)
(9) Proof of Nationality
(A photocopy of your passport pages showing your name, date of birth, nationality, gender, photograph, and passport number is acceptable.)
All of the above documents except for (9) must be originals and copies of such documents will not be accepted. A (*) indicates that documents can be prepared in an arbitrary format.
Thursday, May 15, 2014
*The above documents to be submitted must arrive on or before May 15, 2014 by postal mail in principle.
Organization Name (Department in Charge): High Energy Accelerator Research Organization, KEK (Research Cooperation Division, Research Cooperation Department)
Address: 1-1 Oho, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0801 Japan
The selection shall be conducted through a screening of application materials and an oral interview. Notification of the results shall be made by the Director General.
(1) Scholarship students must submit a “written pledge” (using the provided form) that includes the matters to be complied with as a scholarship student after receiving the notification of decision.
(2) Revocation the decision to grant scholarship
If any misrepresentations are found in the application documents after the decision is made to grant a scholarship as a scholarship student, then the decision shall be revoked. (In such case, scholarship students may be requested to refund all or part of scholarship money they have already received as
(3) Applicants may be accepted (selected) as an RA (research assistant) at the High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK).