Two economists are assigned a group task to design a policy. One of them is in favor of free market economy and a monetary policy etc while the other is in favor of controlled economy and is a socialist. Due to the difference in school of thoughts, they have bad ties; do not communicate and when they do, it gets hostile.
They have been assigned a deadline and the work is too huge to be done alone.
In determining the conflicting ties through Themes of Conflict Diagnosis, how you diagnose the above conflict between the two working together while disagreeing also? Explain any 3 related themes in reference with above context
Steps in Conflict Diagnosis
1. Describe/map the conflict
2. Identify sources
3. Analyze interests
4. Characterize the conflict
5. Consider trust
6. Identify impediments to settlement
7. Address negotiation styles and preferences
8. Consider power
9. Identify/maximize the Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA
10. Consider diversity issues