Government of Sri-Lanka Presidential Scholarships for Foreign Students for the Academic Year 2014-2015
Sri Lankan Government Scholarships for Foreign Students for the Academic Year 2014
Applications are invited from eligible Pakistani students to study at undergraduate or postgraduate levels in Sri Lankan Universities.
- Must b Pakistani /AJK national.
- Minimum 6.0 in IELTS/525 in TOEFL for Undergraduate Programs, and Minimum 6.5 IELTS/ 575 in TOEFL for Postgraduate Programs).
Note: Applicants having their education in English Medium, they may submit English Language Proficiency Certificate from their last attended institution. However, preference will be given to those having Valid IELTS/TOEFL
- Applicants are advised to attach to their application the original letter obtained from the Examination Board concerned, to prove that their educational qualifications are equivalent to G.C.E. (A/L) Examination conducted in Sri Lanka or the G.C.E A/L examination of University of London or qualifications required for admission to a university in their own country to follow an undergraduate course of study leading to a Bachelor degree.
- Applicants should ensure that all required passes should be obtained in own
and the same sitting under a recognized Board of Examination.
3. Be less than 25 years of age on 05 October, 201.4
Post Graduate Programs:
- Applicants must possess an MS/M.Phil. degree to enroll in PhD
- Be less than 45 years of age on 05 October, 2014
For complete details of courses Click here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee and fee for Laboratory experiments.
- Students’ visa is given free of charge.
- During the study period, a monthly allowance of Sri Lankan Rs.30, 000/. will be paid.
- One-off settlement allowance of Sri Lankan Rs. 10,000/- is given after registration at the university.
- Cost of Air fare should be borne by the scholarship holder.
- Accommodation: It is expected that the scholarship holder will meet the expenditure for food and accommodation with a monthly allowance of Sri Lankan Rs.30, 000/- (The relevant university will assist in finding accommodation)
- Medical Cover: Free of charge medical benefits will be provided at government hospitals other than dental related diseases.
- Scholarship holder should be in good health and he/ she should submit a Medical
- Health Certificate issued by a Government Hospital or an accredited medical agency as per the attached format within two months of the registration.
- No request for change of course or university will be entertained after registration.
- The scholarship holder is required to maintain a satisfactory performance of his/her studies until graduation and if not, scholarship can be terminated before the completion of the full period.
- In case the scholarship holder cannot complete the course during the prescribed period due to reasons of health or other unavoidable circumstances, considerations will be given to extend the scholarship by a maximum of one year on the recommendation of the University.
- The rules and regulations imposed by each university for the university students will also apply to the scholarship holders.
- HEC form (Click to Download).
- Sri Lankan Scholarship form (Click to Download). Forms can also be downloaded fromwww.mohe.gov.lk
- Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 300 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose.
- Each applicant should submit dully perfected 04 sets of application along with all required documents to his/her government nominating agency.
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate and Passport
- Certified copy of official evidence of any name change
- Certified copy of the personal page of applicant’s passport
- Certified copies of the graduation certificates
- Certified copies of the post – graduation certificates
- Certified copies of the academic transcripts
- G.C.E A/L and G.C.E O/L certificates or their equivalent
o for undergraduate students
- Graduation and post-graduation transcripts
o for postgraduate students
- Medical Certificate
- Security Vetting
- Two Referee reports (preferred from applicant’s current employer/former
- lecturer/academic supervisor) – for postgraduate students
- Research proposal – for PhD/MPhil applicants
Deadline for application: 5th October, 2014.
Where to Send Applications:
Send the application package to the address mentioned below before 5th October, 2014:
Engr.Waheed Ahmed Mangi
Incharge (FFSP/Sri Lanka)
Higher Education Commission
Phone: +92 51 90808081