International Student Merit Scholarships Value: $5,000 | Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2014
International applicants entering year one of a full-time, four-year undergraduate degree program at Ryerson in Fall
2014. Applicants must meet the following criteria and will be considered on a competitive basis:
A) Enrolling in a post-secondary institution for the first time and have completed an application to Ryerson, via the
Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) by March 1, 2014.
B) Currently enrolled (full-time) in the final year of an out-of-country secondary school (or equivalent) and entering Canada with Study Permit authorization. Applicants must achieve first-class standing in the country-specific equivalent of the Ontario Grade 12U program.
• 7 International Secondary School Student Merit Scholarships, valued at $5,000 each, will be awarded across all programs on a grades-competitive basis (final admission average of 85% / A or equivalent is required for consideration).
• International students must be currently enrolled on a full-time basis in the final year of an out-of-country secondary school (or equivalent).
• International students who have attended a post-secondary institution (university or college) are not eligible for International Student Merit Scholarships.
• International students must have a valid Canadian Study Permit by the time they register in courses at Ryerson and must maintain their International Student (Study Permit) status for the entirety of their first year of studies (fall and winter semesters) in order to receive and retain their scholarship.
A scholarship application is required. International Student Merit Scholarships will be awarded to the overall best-qualified applicants. Decisions of the selection committee are final.
Please review the Terms and Conditions for All Entrance Scholarships available at www.ryerson.ca/currentstudents/awards/entrance
Completed application forms should be mailed or faxed to:
International Student Merit Scholarship Committee Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment Ryerson University
350 Victoria Street Toronto, ON Canada M5B 2K3 Fax: 416-979-5221
International Secondary School Student Merit Scholarships
Value: $5,000 | Seven (7) Scholarships Available Deadline to Apply: March 1, 2014
Ryerson Student ID #:
Program(s) applied to at Ryerson:
Name and Country of school
Expected date of graduation (if
Name of graduation certificate/diploma to be awarded
Please submit a short personal statement (500 words) outlining:
• Why you would like to attend Ryerson University;
• Why you have chosen your program(s) of study;
• Your community involvement, volunteer work and extra-curricular activities that demonstrate leadership and
potential to succeed.
The information included in this application is accurate. If awarded this scholarship, I agree and understand that Ryerson University may publish my name in its promotional materials including, but not limited to, online and print publications. I understand and agree that in order to receive and maintain my scholarship I must remain an International Student (with Study Permit authorization) for the entirety of my first year of studies at Ryerson (fall and winter semesters).
Applicant’s Signature: Date: