E-Commerce (IT 430)
Semester Spring 2013
Total marks: 10 + 10 = 20
Deadline = 06-05-2013
Rules for Marking
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
1. The assignment is submitted after due date.
2. The assignment is copied.
The objectives of this assignment are:
1. Giving the idea of the most common scripting language used for designing web pages i.e. Hypertext Markup Language.
2. To become familiar with the HTML Forms for taking user inputs.
3. To enhance skills regarding Web page designing.
Suppose you are a web developer in a software house. There you are asked to develop the following Student Registration Form for the Virtual University of Pakistan web portal. Name this page as signup.html.
Some Form Validations
1. Back ground color for the text “Virtual University Student Registration” should be Green.
2. Border color should be Red.
3. Font size should be -1.
4. Implement a character limit on ‘University Email’ textbox as user may not enter more than twenty (20) characters.
5. Password and Verify Password length should not exceed Ten (10) characters.
6. Male radio button should be selected by default.
7. All the text boxes should be aligned properly.
An Educational Institute wants to develop a web page. The page will be divided into two columns where left column will be ¼ of the total width. They want to put some links on the left frame like Virtual University of Pakistan and Higher Education Commission. On the right frame they want to add a form in which user can select his / her favorite subjects from multiple ones and can add some comments regarding the web page improvement. After all a Submit button is required on the page.
As a developer you are asked to provide sample HTML template pages in which the main page should be named as index.html. Left and right frame pages should be named as left.html, right.html respectively. In left.html you will create two hyperlinks on the texts “VU Home Page” and “Visit HEC”. In right frame you will use subjects.html page. As for as favorite subjects and comments page concern it should be named as subjects.html.
In this page you will create a form where multiple subjects might be selected using checkboxes. Textarea form element should be used to limit user response to 100 characters. And at the end of the form, there should be a Submit Button.
You are required to create a folder, place all separate HTML files in it, make this folder RAR by using compression software WinRAR and submit.
In your professional life, you will face a variety of situations when you will have to write a letter to communicate any disappointing news to your receiver. In such situations, your success will depend on how successfully you write the refusal in an innocuous way. Suppose you are a film producer and produced spectacular films on different social issues prevailing in our society. You have received an invitation for a workshop from XYZ University. This University arranges the workshop on Film production for its students of mass communication yearly and invites the same producer to deliver a special lecture on it. Unfortunately, you are unable to attend the workshop this year due to your other professional commitments.
Your task is to:
Write a letter of refusal to that invitation by keeping in mind the elements of effective written communication.
Students will be able to write the refusal letters in an appropriate way.
Students will be able to raise their level from a layman
Data warehousing (CS614)
Assignment # 2
Total marks = 20
Deadline Date = 07-May-2013
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting the assignment.
Rules for Marking
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
1) You should consult recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
2) You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc format. Any other formats like scan images, PDF, Zip, rar, bmp, docx etc will not be accepted
3) You are advised to upload your assignment at least two days before Due date.
4) This assignment file comprises of Two (2) pages.
Assignment comprises of 20 Marks. Note that no assignment will be accepted after due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or emergency electric failure or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence, refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of the deadline, and try to upload Solutions at least 02 days before the deadline to avoid inconvenience later on.
For any query please contact: CS614@vu.edu.pk
Please refer to the same case study as in your previous Assignment No1.
Question: [Marks 20]
In Task no. 3 of Assignment no. 1, you denormalized all one-to-one and many-to-many relationships; in this assignment you will denormalize all one-to-many relationships by taking into account the same Air Ticket reservation system, in order to optimize it further.
So, de-normalize all one-to-many relationships (left after Task no. 3 in assignment no. 1) using Pre-joining technique.
The pre-joined tables should:
You need to show the database resulted from the previous assignment (after denormalization) and the resultant database after performing pre-join denormalization in this assignment.