Higher Education Commission HEC 90% Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil Leading to PhD in Selected Fields (Phase-II, Batch-6) (Fall 2014/Spring 2015)
INTRODUCTION OF THE PROJECT TITLED “OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MS/MPHIL LEADING TO PHD IN SELECTED FIELDS (PHASE – II)”
Under this category, scholarships awarded every year for Direct PhD & MS/MPhil leading to PhD Program. Scholars are placed in those technologically advanced countries that have no/nominal/special tuition fee rates for which HEC and higher education agencies and universities in the host countries have signed MoUs. The process takes almost 10-12 months from scholarship announcement to award of scholarship. These scholarships are for all discipline however provincial and discipline quota is maintained keeping in view the national needs.
Online applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of scholarships in selected fields for MPhil/MS leading to PhD or PhD in one of the following countries/universities:
Any other country / university subsequently identified by HEC
Universities(other than above / mentioned)
|University of New South Wales, Australia||University of Cambridge, UK||University of New Mexico, USA||Bilkent University, Turkey||KOC University Istanbul, Turkey|
|Sabanci University, Turkey||Istanbul Technical University (ITU), Turkey||Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkey||Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand||Massey University, New Zealand|
|90% Overseas Scholarships|
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
a) Pakistani/AJK nationals
b) Candidates must have minimum sixteen years of education
c) Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
d) Maximum age on Tuesday March 18, 2014:
a. 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations
b. 35 years for all others
e) The candidates must have obtained 50 or above marks (Accumulative Test Score) in the GAT-General test valid from April 08, 2012.
f) The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
g) The candidate must have acquired the requisite qualification on or before March 18, 2014.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the printed copy of online application form:
1. Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials.
2. Attested photocopy of domicile
3. Attested photocopy of CNIC
5. Research Proposal based on indigenous issues.
6. Attested Copy of GAT (General) result card.
7. NOC from the employer for in-service candidates (only for Government employees).
8. Original online Deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance,
Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on account number 0112-00500119-01, HBL
1. All scholarships will be awarded on provincial quota merit.
2. Scholarships are not being offered in Engineering, Agriculture and chemistry subjects.
3. Incomplete applications or those received after the closing date will not be entertained.
4. Special GRE type test will NOT be arranged for these scholarships.
5. Government employees should apply through proper channel
6. Candidates are required to make sure whether their field of subject is being offered in their choice
of country/university, otherwise candidate will not be considered for interview/scholarship.
7. Candidates will have to submit the research proposal based on local Pakistani issues/problems.
8. Candidates are required to fulfill the requirement of Host University to secure the admission which may
include International GRE, TOFEL etc. Candidates are advised to appear in these tests before the
interview / admission.
9. Candidates are required to indicate the countries/universities of their choice in order of preference in the
application form. HEC reserves the right to re-allocate any country / university to the candidate. Only
one interview or admission chance against any country / university will be provided.
10.Merit lists will be developed on the basis of GAT score as per provincial, discipline and subject wise
11.Only short listed candidates will be called for interviews
12.Short listed candidates will be interviewed by the relevant country selection team for award of
13. Maximum four and half year funding is available for Masters leading to PhD program and three years
funding is available for PhD program. However actual duration of study program and funding will be
determined by HEC with the consultation of foreign universities/agencies.
14. Awardees have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve in Pakistan for 5 years after completion
of study, preferably in an institution of Higher Education
Last date of receipt of applications:
Printed copy of online application form completed in all respects along with all requisite documents should reach the undersigned latest by Tuesday March 18, 2014 through registered mail or courier service. By hand / Incomplete/ applications received after due date will not be entertained