The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for International Students
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities. The program aims to promote Turkey’s scientific and technological collaboration with countries of the prospective researchers. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the potential to contribute significantly to Turkey’s goal of international cooperation in scientific and technological development.
Applications will be accepted twice a year. Application deadlines for 2015 are:
||: 16 March 2015 – 20 April 2015
||: 14 September 2015 – 19 October 2015
1 – Applicants should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
2 – Applicants should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
3 – Applicants should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
4 – Applicants must be 35 years old or younger.
5 – Applicants should be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students.
6 – Applicants who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
ll applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal, which can be reached at http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/. All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically. In order to complete application process, applicants must approve their applications until 17.30 p.m. on the application deadline.
Applications not fulfilling any eligibility criteria, lacking any of the required documents will not be processed.
During the application, the original copies of required documents are not demanded. However, applicants who receive the fellowship must send the original copy of required documents in order to be able to use their fellowships.
Very important notes!
- All required documents must be uploaded electronically. The documents which are sent by mail/e-mail will not be processed. Applications, lacking any of the required documents will not be evaluated.
- Please keep all the required documents, which are uploaded in on-line application system. Please do not send any documents on the application stage.
- Please upload your Diploma and/or transcripts in languages only Turkish/English. Otherwise you must upload a notarized copy of these documents which are translated into one of the specified languages.
- Please do not send us original documents such as diploma and transcripts. TUBITAK will not send them back. You should send a notarized copy of the documents after having accepted your application to be funded
- A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey and a motivation letter from advisor should be signed by related person and uploaded in on-line application system. Letters without signature could not be accepted.
- Please make sure that you upload all required documents in on-line application system. Online application system will be open during the application period. You can change your application and upload new documents unless you confirm your application.
- Applicants will be informed about the status of application via e-mail or program websites.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
1. Application form (This form is produced automatically by online application system after having confirmed your application. It should be print out and signed. If your application is accepted, you should send it with other application documents to TUBİTAK),
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) for the applicant (Template in the program web site must be used. CV in other format is not accepted),
3. Research proposal (Template in the program web site must be used. Research proposal in other formats is not accepted),
4. A letter of acceptance from a university or a research institute in Turkey (The acceptance letter must be signed by highest authority of the institution. Highest authority: rector or vice rector in universities; director/vice director in research institutes. Signed letter should be upload in the system),
5. A motivation letter from the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey (Signed letter should be upload in the system),
6. Curriculum vitae and list of publications for the scientist in charge/advisor in Turkey,
7. Language certificate (This certificate should indicate the language which will be used in the proposed research. A statement of the advisor can also be considered as a language certificate)
8. BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts (if any) (Transcripts should be in languages only Turkish and English. Otherwise you must upload a notarized copy of these documents which are translated into one of the specified languages. ),
9. Student certificate for PhD students (This certificate must be taken on recent date),
10. Permit for leave of absence from applicant’s institution for the applicants who is currently working ,
11. Copy of PhD Diploma for post-doctoral applicants
12. Copy of birth certificate or passport (pages of personal information)
13. Two letters of recommendation
14. Approval report of Ethics Committee the hosting institution (if required) (This document is not obligatory for application. However, if required, the fellow must have an approval report of Ethics Committee to start his/her research )
Related Posts via Categories