Guideline for the KSIR (Korean Society of Interventional Radiology) International Fellowship
Guideline for the KSIR (Korean Society of Interventional Radiology)
The objectives of the fellowship are to promote clinical activity by Asian specialists in interventional radiology and to train them in Korean academic institutions. And it is also to contribute to the distribution and improvement of interventional radiology in Asia, encouraging mutual understanding as well as scientific cooperation.
2. Administration of the Fellowship
The fellowship will be administered under the rules of KSIR Fellowship as decided at KSIR.
KSIR will be responsible for the following matters regard to clinical training in Korea:
1) Selection of Participant.
2) Assistance in finding an appropriate institution for the candidate.
3) Giving a grant for the fellowship.
4) Issue of certificate in completion of clinical training after receiving a related report from the recipient.
3. Institutions for Clinical Training
National, public or private institutions in Korea, including universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories(etc.) which are able to receive Participant.
4. Terms and Period for Clinical Training
(1) The terms for clinical training and/or research shall be from 1 month to 3 months in principle.
(2) The period of clinical training and/or research shall not be altered in principle.
(3) The Participant must start the training in their applicable year.
(4) The due date for the application is May 24th every year and applicants are given an official notification during June from KSIR
(5) Prerequisite: The Participant should attend IICIR (International Intensive Course of Interventional Radiology)x
meeting before or during their fellowship training period in Korea.
2016 IICIR will be held in Seoul next year (Feb 22th ~ 26th).
5. Field of Clinical Training and/or Research
Clinical training and/or research shall be in the field of interventional radiology
6. Requirements of Participant
(1) Age: Participant may be up to 40 years of age.
(2) Career: Participant must be specialists with sufficient training and experience in radiology who have graduated from
(3) Language: Participant must use fluent English to enable them to complete the clinical training
(If you have any certificate-credit- of TOEFL or TOEIC, please send it with other documents)
7. Duties of Participant
(1) During the period of clinical training, Participant must obey Korean law, should cooperate with teachers and related
personnel, and should make every effort to achieve the objectives of the fellowship.
(2) On completion of the period of clinical training, Participant should submit a related report to the office of KSIR at their
(3) Immediately on completion of clinical training, Participant are obliged to leave Korea for their home country where they
should contribute to the general improvement of interventional radiology.
8. Grant for Recipient
KSIR sponsors for Asian radiologist who would like to spend as visiting fellow in Korea. The grant will include air-fare and minimum cost of living (30,000 KRW per day).
Some hospitals have their own guest house with low price for visiting fellows, but you may check a vacant room and make a reservation.
9. Documents for submission
- Application form
– Reference from director ( including your English level)
Please send to KSIR Office via Email
Related Posts via Categories